[mod_python] http://www.modpython.org/examples/

Greg Fawcett greg at vig.co.nz
Mon Jun 11 18:27:51 EDT 2007

I agree that the mod_python examples are woefully inadequate - potential PHP
converts have to make a big leap to understand handlers, set up apache
directives etc. It would be great to have a PHP-to-mod_python tutorial to
ease the way.

However, the web site at http://dfo.sourceforge.net/ does nothing but
confuse - it doesn't even explain what DFO is or why one might want it. It
says you need to install apache, mysql and python, but only mentions
mod_python in one line. If it was put on the mod_python examples page, I
think it would confuse far more people than it would help.

Cheers!
Greg.

On 12/06/07, Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/11/07, Jorey Bump <list at joreybump.com> wrote:
> > Gert Cuykens wrote:
> >
> > > ok did some quick html stuff at http://dfo.sourceforge.net/ i think it
> > > can now be called a site :)
> >
> > WTF is DFO?
> >

> lol, it is just a collection of example's to show of the potential of
> mod_python. It is not something specific. For example when you open
> the query.htm page you can put any sql statement on that page and when
> pushing submit, it will show you a nice table of all the records.
> Thats just one example of many more.
>
> If i would have a python server i could setup a demo of it all,
> mod_python can annihilate php if only people would know how to make
> web applications. Php is specifically designed for web content. Python
> can do the same thing except where php stops python is just starting
> warming up.

Phone: +64 3 409 8165
Mobile: +64 21 333 291
Fax: +64 3 974 6810