[mod_python] Mysterious 500 error?

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 21:55:29 EDT 2007

On 16/07/07, Peter Shinners <pete at shinners.org> wrote:
> Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> > I'd suggest you browser is also seeing a 500 response, but because
> > page content is being returned it doesn't care and still displays the
> > page. Use Firefox live headers or similar to confirm.
> >
> > What does you Apache configuration snippet look like where you have
> > defined PythonHandler etc?
>

> I've done this in an .htaccess file, it references the 'cone.py' I have in
> the same directory (added to the PythonPath). I've checked the .htaccess
> in the parent directories, and they are empty. The file look like this:
>
> SetHandler python-program
> PythonPath "sys.path+['/home/shinners/public_html/iCream',
> '/home/shinners/python/lib/python2.4/site-packages']"
> PythonHandler cone
> PythonDebug On

Nothing looks wrong.

Because you are using such an old version of mod_python, not sure
there is much more we can offer in the way of ideas. Am I right in
assuming that you are stuck with Apache 1.3 because that is all your
hosting service provides? If you do control your own web site, then
I'd really recommend upgrading to Apache 2.X and the most recent
version of of mod_python.