[mod_python] sending post data using xmlhttprequest

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Jan 16 19:09:01 EST 2007

Bob Gailer wrote ..

>    My concern is that I may not be providing the post data in a form acceptable
>    to FieldStorage. If I use req.read() I see what I posted, and that's
> OK.
>
>> If using Apache 2.X another thing you can do is turn on multi lang error
>> documents. The benefit of doing that is that the default error document
>> pages will embed in them what is call 'error-notes' from Apache. These
>> constitute additional information about why an error occurred. It may
>> indicate under what circumstances the not implemented error is being
>> produced.
>
>    OK; how do I "turn on multi lang error documents"?

Probably will not help anyway. I stupidly forgot to look in FieldStorage itself.
You are probably just hitting:

        if not ctype.startswith("multipart/"):
            # we don't understand this content-type
            raise apache.SERVER_RETURN, apache.HTTP_NOT_IMPLEMENTED

What is the content type header you are sending contain (exactly)?

If using a basic handler and read() to see what is sent, also dump out
req.headers_in as well.