[mod_python] sqlite commands in python 2.5.1 not working in modpython 3.3.1

Vikram Pudi vikram at iiit.ac.in
Sat Aug 4 04:47:55 EDT 2007

Since python 2.5.1 comes with sqlite inbuilt, I didn't compile sqlite
seperately. To find out the sqlite version, I did "import sqlite3" and
"print sqlite3.version". It outputs 2.3.2!  I am sure I have sqlite3.4.0
also installed on my system. How to fix this? To find out my os, uname
gives: "Linux cygnus 2.6.9-22.EL".

Regards,
-Vikram.

Richard Lewis wrote:
> On Saturday 04 August 2007 08:11:22 Vikram Pudi wrote:
>> I have the latest versions of modpython (3.3.1) and python
>> (2.5.1) compiled from scratch. I can create a connection and a
>> cursor object, but cur.execute() commands dont work and the
>> program doesnt proceed to the next line. There is no error
>> output. Apache error log shows that the modpython child process
>> exited with a segmentation fault.
>>
> What operating system are you using? What version of sqlite? Did you
> compile it and the Python bindings yourself too?
>
> Have you tried just using pre-compiled binaries of Python /
> mod_python / sqlite instead?
>
> Cheers,
> Richard

believed to be clean.