[mod_python] installing on JBoss

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Thu Sep 7 08:11:29 EDT 2006

Please keep responses on the list. :)

Yehuda Rajuan wrote:

> I read that Jboss has in it embedded Apache Tomcat, how can I use that
> one, do I must install another apache Tomcat that will standalone.

Although most of us mean httpd when we simply say "Apache", Apache has
evolved from a single project into an umbrella organization that host a
number of projects, including httpd, mod_python, Tomcat, SpamAssassin,
and more:

  http://www.apache.org/

The mod_python software is dependent on httpd:

  http://httpd.apache.org/

Tomcat is entirely different software. You must install httpd to use
mod_python.