[mod_python] webinterface for a local telnet server

Mike Looijmans nlv11281 at natlab.research.philips.com
Fri Oct 6 09:32:35 EDT 2006

> The only alternative I see is to write yet another intermediator daemon
> which I have to put in between the server and mod_python which then takes
> care of the connections in a smart way (persistent connection to the
> mod_python threads which can then be shared by the users or whatever).

I think that is the only way it will ever work reliably. You can get
Apache to run in a single process, so that you can simply use a
dictionary (user->connection) and a bit of mutexing to manage your
connections.
For the external deamon, Python has a simple XMLRPC server that is easy
to use, and should fit your needs.

--
Mike.