[mod_python] Mod_python 3.2.8 build on AIX 5.1 using IBMm VACv6

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Mar 7 17:00:31 EST 2006

Jim Gallacher wrote ..
> Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> > Hans-Joachim Ehlers wrote ..
> >
> >>FYI:
> >>I was not able to build mod_python 3.2.8 because of some trashy C++ style
> >>comment lines within the source code which at least the IBM VAC v6 compiler
> >>( ANSI, C89,C99 compatible )  can not handle. I think even the GCC compiler
> >>with the option " pedantic" would fail.
> >>I did not test any further because it looks like getting into a nightmare
> >>again.
> >>
> >>So thanks for the improment of quality within the code.
> >

> > We cannot fix where this occurs if you do not tell us where.
> >
> > We are aware of there being some C++ style comments in the
> > code and they have been getting weeded out when found, but
> > we don't have compilers which complain about the comments
> > in the first place. Thus, if you record where they occur it will
> > be fixed quicker.
>
> I think I've cleaned out all of the offending comments in svn trunk already.

That is what I thought too and I couldn't find any when I looked again.
Even checked .l and .h.in files. So unless the compiler on AIX is
getting confused by something that looks like a C++ style comment inside
of a C comment, not sure what the issue is and why it is more important
that actual compiler errors and affected code are posted.