[mod_python] hi

Kahlil Johnson jzarecta at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 22:38:37 EDT 2006

There are some Python frameworks and they include their own webserver. But
mod_python is a module for apache exclusively. Zope has a standalone
webserver, there is lighthttpd, monkeyserver and many others but support for
python is beyond the scope of mod_python list. I will suggest to write to
the python framework of your chocie, so far there are way too many to list
here but a small list could be (CherryPy, WebWare, Quixote, Django and
Zope/Plone).

This are frameworks similar to what Rails is to Ruby, most of them include
their own webserver with variable recomendations for their production use.

On 7/7/06, Sanjeev Divekar <sanjeevdivekar at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i am newbie to python i want to switch from asp.net to mod_python for
> small webapps any good resources to learn mod_python?
>
> can i use any other lightweight webserver other than apache to run
> mod_python app?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> --
> Sanjeev Divekar