[mod_python] PYC download prompt

Sean Jamieson sean at barriescene.com
Fri Jan 20 14:23:56 EST 2006

Jim Gallacher wrote:

> Sean Jamieson wrote:
>
>> Jim Gallacher wrote:

>>> Is the server publicly accessible? If so I can see what I get from
>>> here. If you don't want the URL on the mailing list you can email me
>>> privately.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>

>> currently there is nothing to get, now, when one tries to go to the
>> URL, the browser does nothing, literally. i.e. if you're on the
>> directory index page, and you click one of the .py files, or a
>> directory with an index.py, it does nothing, if I open a new tab, and
>> paste the URL, hit enter or click 'go', it does nothing, nothing
>> loads, it still says (Untitled) as if it went nowhere.
>>
>> and this seems to only happen when I try to import something from my
>> codebase,
>> a plain .py file that simply has the following defined, works:
>>
>> def index( req ):
>>    return req.filename
>>
>> I just don't get what's going on here, it doesn't make the least bit
>> of sense.
>

> I'll agree with you there.
>
> I'm sure this is stating the obvious but is there anything in the
> error log? Have you tried logging a message to the error log?
> (req.log_error("It's alive!"))
>
> Have you taken a look at the page source for the page returned? I've
> been tricked by this before where I haven't set the content_type and
> returned some string representation of an object which the browser
> interprets as an html tag. eg <thingy.main.thing object at 0xb7d2670c>.
>
> Jim

no. I don't think you get what I mean, the page does not transition to
any other page.
i.e. 1) I and viewing the Directory Index
      2) I click the test.py that imports something from my project
      3) firefox's loading icon spins for a second
      4) I am still seeing the Directory Index

apache2/error.log is showing more than a few segfaults...