[mod_python] Caching Problem

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Jan 11 03:23:57 EST 2006

On 11/01/2006, at 11:28 PM, IGP-DEV wrote:

> Hello friends ,
> We are using Apache Server Version - 2.0.52 and mod-python version
> 3.1.4
> I have enable disk based caching using mod-disk-cache as follows :-
> <IfModule mod_cache.c>
>    <IfModule mod_disk_cache.c>
>        CacheRoot /var/cache/mod_proxy
>        CacheSize  102400
>        CacheMaxExpire 604800
>        CacheEnable disk /
>        CacheGcInterval 24
>        CachegcDaily 23
>        CacheDirLevels 3
>        CacheDirLength 2
>    </IfModule>
> </IfModule>
> The above settings were turned on in Apache configuration file.
> But there is one problem , when the client browser requests for a
> html page for first time the servers delivers it and caching is
> being done , but when the  client browser clears its chache and
> again requests the same page , a string of html
> is displayed on the browser.
> Can you tell me why is it so and is there a solution for the above
> problem?

Where exactly does mod_python fit into the picture here? Is a mod_python
handler generating the HTML page?

If the HTML page is being generated by mod_python, does the handler
explicitly set the content type for the initial response which is
then being
cached? Also, is the URL used, use ".html" in it, or a REST style URL
with
no extension?

Finally, what web browser is being used and does the request go direct
to the web server or via a firewall proxy?