[mod_python] Re: post request and the minimalistic handler

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Mon Feb 20 19:34:13 EST 2006

Daniel Nogradi wrote ..
> Another thought in this direction: I plan to write an inputfilter for
> large file uploads in order to avoid FieldStorage all together. Has
> anyone done such a thing?

See Tramline:

  http://faassen.n--tree.net/blog/view/weblog/2005/11/11/0
  http://www.infrae.com/download/tramline

They have been having some issues which flushing causing hangs
which haven't been resolved entirely yet as to the reason, but there
is a workaround, which is to disable flushing down by mod_python
on input filter. See:

  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-76

I need to update the issue though, as my suggested fix didn't
eliminate the problem. Ie., wasn't just a case of ensuring that
flushing isn't done when filter closed.