[mod_python] How to deal with old cached data showing?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Mon Dec 18 23:06:52 EST 2006

Graham Dumpleton writes:

> Someone else already pointed out my article about module importer
> problems, but in case you missed it:
>   http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModPython/Articles/ModuleImportingIsBroken

Thanks for the link.

> With versions of mod_python prior to 3.3, not without using some third
> party packages which implement alternate module loading systems for
> mod_python.

Do you know of any such package?
Even though it is slower, would it be safer for now to use CGI instead of
mod_python then?

> The tar ball for a wider 3.3 beta release exists. That I know of there is still
> only one person within core developers who can do the actual release

Has anyone asked this person when he plans to release the wider 3.3 beta? If
it was voted that it is good to go, what could be the reason to postpone
release?

I am somewhat new to Python and very new to mod_python. Finding problems
like the cache problem and then reading the list of prolblems at
"Module Importing Is Broken" makes me wonder if I should use it for
production. Is mod_python 2.7.11 more stable?

Thanks for your feedback!