[mod_python] Python Web Frameworks

Earle Ady earle at bluelavatech.com
Fri Aug 25 20:10:00 EDT 2006

Personally I've been using Django for some time now, and am very
happy with it as a framework.

As for actual usability items such as form processing, session
handling, authentication wrappers and classes, etc, it is certainly a
top candidate.  Django also has a very active and growing community.
CherryPy is a fine templating engine as well, and TurboGears has some
excellent qualities.

Using strictly mod_python, you will be doing a significant amount of
things "manually", which certainly has its merits.

It will come down to what you're most comfortable using, and/or most
familiar with.

Mahalo,
earle.