[mod_python] Python Web Frameworks

Luis M. González luismg at gmx.net
Fri Aug 25 16:28:53 EDT 2006

Yes, I guess I already answered my own question...
I shouldn't try to compare mod_python with a framework.
Instead, I should compare mod_python (or better yet, its standard handlers) with the main components of these frameworks.

My question should have been:
How does mod python's publisher compare to CherryPy (main component of TurboGears)? Or to Django's MVC programing model?
I'm referring to aspects such as session handling, forms, dispatching, etc... not to the other components that can be replaced.

I got the impression that many people ignore mod_python includes tools such as publisher or PSP for web development.
And I also got the impression that many believe that they "need" a framework on top of mod_python in order to develop a web site.

Is that true?
Or it's just that the tools included into mod_python are not enough to compete with CheeryPy or other solutions?

Luis