[mod_python] Talk on what is coming in mod_python 3.3.

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Aug 4 22:57:21 EDT 2006

On 04/08/2006, at 11:23 PM, Jim Gallacher wrote:

> Alex Greif wrote:
>> are there plans when 3.3. will be released?
>
> I'd suggested a while ago that we aim for an October or November
> release. At this point I can't see any reason that it would be delayed
> beyond that point, but November is more realistic.
>
> If there are features in 3.3. that you need for your application, I'd
> suggest grabbing a copy from subversion and start doing some testing
> with your app. The earlier we can identify problems the better. The
> 3.2.x beta cycle was a long one, and we really want to avoid that this
> time. Actually, we want to avoid that every time. ;)

I am actually keen on creating a beta snapshot for early testing
soon. I still
have a few features to finish before I can do that, and some are
dependent
on getting some feedback from users so a decision can be made as to
exactly how something should be done or whether a change should even
be made. These sorts of discussions happen over on the mod_python dev
mailing list, so if you are interested in providing some input into
3.3, you
are more than welcome to get involved in that list, even if it is
only to provide
some feedback.

To subscribe to the mod_python dev list, send a message to:

    <python-dev-subscribe at httpd.apache.org>