[mod_python] error: could not import mod_python.apache

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Thu Apr 20 07:11:44 EDT 2006

On 20/04/2006, at 8:44 PM, e.deventer at boer.nl wrote:

> "Graham Dumpleton" <grahamd at dscpl.com.au> wrote on 20-04-2006
> 08:46:47:
>
> > More often than not it is the permissions problem, so don't give
> > up on pursuing that totally just yet.
>
> I understand, but I don't know what else I can do..
>
> > Some other questions, do you have more than one version of
> > Python installed on your system?
>
> I have only one version installed.
>
> > If you run Python from the command line and enter:
> >
> >   from mod_python import psp
> >
> > what error do you get? And yes this will error, what the error
> message
> > is is important, so make sure you quote it exactly in followup.
>
> This is the error that I get:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in -toplevel-
>     from mod_python import psp
>   File "C:\Python\Python24\Lib\site-packages\mod_python\psp.py",
> line 20, in -toplevel-
>     import apache, Session, util, _psp
>   File "C:\Python\Python24\Lib\site-packages\mod_python\apache.py",
> line 28, in -toplevel-
>     import _apache
> ImportError: No module named _apache

Well, at least the Python parts of mod_python are installed in the
correct spot.

Can you now find the mod_python startup message from the Apache error
log and post it here just so we can confirm what it says about
versions of
mod_python/Python being found are correct. Message is something like:

Apache/2.2.0 (Unix) mod_python/3.3.0-dev-20060312 Python/2.3.5
configured -- resuming normal operations