[mod_python] error: could not import mod_python.apache

Lee Brown administrator at leebrown.org
Wed Apr 19 09:27:41 EDT 2006

Greetings!

I have a server box here that is configured almost identically to yours
(except it has Python 2.4.3 installed).  I just configured it as per the
tutorial and it ran mptest.py just fine.  I suspect this may be a windows
user/group/permission problem.

Open Task Manager and look at the running processes; note the user which
Apache.exe is running under.  Keep the task manager open and start a copy of
the Python interpreter and note the user which python.exe is running under.
(Usually, apache.exe is running as user SYSTEM and python.exe will be
running under the current user.)

Go to the directory where you installed Python and right-click python.exe.
Under the security tab, verify that the user apache is running as has "full
control" permissions.

Best Regards,
Lee E. Brown
(administrator at leebrown.org)