[mod_python] installing handlers on Apache server?

John Salerno johnjsal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 13:52:53 EDT 2006

Hi everyone. I have a question about setting up handlers on a server that
already has mod_python installed. (At least, I am told it is installed, and
I believe I need to set up handlers.)

After creating a test PSP page, I get a 500 Internal Server Error, with the
following error log message:

"Invalid command 'PythonHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration"

I have an .htaccess file with the appropriate three lines in it (including
debugging), but there seems to be more to do. In my control panel, there is
a way to add new handlers and extensions to the server, but I don't know
what to add. I've tried a bunch of combinations, like:

mod_python  .psp  #this wasn't there yesterday, but is now
PythonHandler .psp
mod_python.psp   .psp

None of that works, although sometimes when I try to access the PSP page I
get the HTML source instead of the server error.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
John