[mod_python] mod_python usage..

Nicolas Lehuen nicolas.lehuen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 11:47:39 EST 2005

Hi Sergio,

This is a global answer to all your mails.

Given the facts that you have about 8 days to learn a new development
environment, a new templating system, (maybe a new language ?),
implement your project, and that mod_python support is VERY slim on
rented server (even if you hosting provider supports mod_python, it
will support a very old and buggy version), do yourself a favor and
forget about it.

Just implement it quick and dirtily using PHP.

That's right, that's me telling you NOT to use mod_python and use PHP
instead. This way you'll manage your deadline and buy some more time
to do it correctly in mod_python.

Be aware however that your requirement for shared hosting providers is
almost surely a show-stopper for mod_python, at least for now. Maybe
when we'll have a more stable version will we be in position to lobby
the hosting providers to support it.

Best wishes for your project,
Nicolas