[mod_python] [Vampire] ".vampire" not loaded but I do not see why

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Nov 7 08:49:08 EST 2005

I have a Vampire 1.7 + mod_python 3.1.3 installation where the
".vampire" file is apparently not loaded (for instance, the "handler
=" option seems ignored). The problem is that I do not find why!

* The Apache Virtual Host has a "PythonOption VampireDefaultHandlers
On"

* .vampire exists and is world-readable

On another machine, with the same OS (Debian "sarge"), everything is
fine.

So, what could I do to investigate? Is there a way to be absolutely
certain that ".vampire" is found and loaded?