[mod_python] Communicating between interpreters?

jonk joni.kahara at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 15:34:45 EST 2005

Hi y'all, my first post.

I'm running mod_python 3.1.3 (I think) on FC3. Now I was
wondering that is it possible for interpreters (surely mixing
things here but please read along if you can stand it) to share
data, and in what way(s)?

I would like to have one interpreter (the master) to grab
video data, and others to feed it to clients. So this master
would take care of video data buffer, and also it would need
to pass data to and from slave interpreters (again, terms
a still somewhat fuzzy to me). Also some kind of mutex
system would be handy.

If I did this in C, it would be really simple multithreaded
program. But I don't want to write stand alone web server
for this purpose, and I want to learn new things.

So, to sum up, how to do inter process communications
in mod_python?

    Jonk