[mod_python] Getting modpython and php to work on the same computer

Reed L. O'Brien reed at intersiege.com
Thu Mar 10 18:03:45 EST 2005

I think Graham maybe meant this:

http://www.modpython.org/FAQ/faqw.py?req=all#2.13
which basically says this:

The solution (from David Geller) is as follows:

In my httpd.conf I was loading two DSO modules: mod_python and php4. It
turns out, when I removed the reference to php4, the mod_python worked
perfectly. Now, why was this? Well, I went back to the php4 module, and
checked out "configure" - if you know anything about php, it was being
configured with the "--with-mysql" flag, which tells it to use an
"internal" version of mysql libs. Apparently, this is fine - as long as
*no other modules use mysql* (the php configure tells you this at the
end). If they do, you should specify the actual mysql library directory.
Well, mod_python was basically another module using mysql. Duuuuh!
(well, not so obvious to me, really). When I specified the actual mysql
library to php configure, and recompiled and reinstalled the PHP, I
could have LoadModules for both php and mod_python and both /appear/ to
work.

cheers,
~r