[mod_python] This is just friggin' weird...

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Thu Jun 23 18:57:25 EDT 2005

On 24/06/2005, at 8:38 AM, Joshua Ginsberg wrote:

> Okay, discovering new stuff all the time... I backed out my last
> changes to the code and it works great... the last change was that
> I added as the first line to my PSP page:
>
> psp.set_error_page('error.psp')
>
> When I comment this out, I get the error on psp.redirect() that
> I've already send data back to the client -- it's talking about the
> debugging code I put in to triage this issue.
>
> Why would this make things run amok?

Are you accessing the "session" object in the error page?

I have no access to mod_python source code right now to check,
but vaguely remember that if error page tries to access "session"
object it will deadlock. This is part of the reasons for having the
PSP object check if req.session exists and use it instead of creating
a new one each time, as proposed in one of the JIRA bug reports
I have posted. I'll post the JIRA link later.