[mod_python] Getting Advx to run with mod_python

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sun Jun 12 19:40:35 EDT 2005

On 11/06/2005, at 12:49 AM, Kahlil Johnson wrote:

> I am using Mandrake 10.1 and it has Advx server wiht the Apache 2.0 .
> One thing that I found myself lost is locating the files for the
> apache configuration. I tried to put up the mod_python but all I get
> is that the mime-type is not recognize and the browser ask to download
> the .py.
>
> I wonder where can I get the AddType since the
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/httpd2.conf  dont includes the AddType in that file.
>
> Also I might ahve messed up somewhere else since it worked once but
> since I move several things I no longer know if it will again.

Using "AddType" in Apache to trigger mod_python isn't generally how
things are setup. You might want to review the installation
documentation
for mod_python and start over with its test example. An alternate set
of instructions for getting a first test example in mod_python working
can be found at:

   http://www.dscpl.com.au/projects/vampire/articles/modpython-001.html

It describes some of the problems that can arise and where to look to
solve what is happening, including the common problem of why browsers
want to save the response to a file.