[mod_python] Re: Fix SpamAssassin

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 15:55:58 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 15:32 -0400, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Jorey Bump wrote:
>
> > Your residential IP is causing a problem somewhere. But modpython.org's spam
> > threshold is set pretty low.
>
> I've got it at 2.4 right now, otherwise I seem to be getting an aweful lot
> of "check your paypal account" sent to grisha at modpython.org and cc-ing the
> list, which appears to be some kind of a (perhaps not so) new spamming
> technique.
>
> I'm not a spamassassin expert - is 2.4 too low?

I run public systems (mostly mailing lists) with SA set at 4 or 5
(depends on the day of the week and other events).  I haven't seen any
paypal (or other) slip through yet.  One way to tell is to look at the
X-Spam-* headers and see what the value is set to.  The one that started
this fork in the thread was a 2.6 primarily because the user's IP
address is listed in Sorbs (he's sending email from a dynamic IP rather
than his ISP's mailserver)

See:
http://www.completewhois.com/cgi-bin/rbl_lookup.cgi?query=66.69.92.16

-Jim P.