[mod_python] Point of frustration/disappointment

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 23:32:57 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 23:08 -0400, Jack Diederich wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 09:18:10PM -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> >
> > Well, now that it compiles cleanly... guess what...  I've run into the
> > (in)famous "cannot unmarshal code objects in restricted execution mode"
> > error for which google reveals years worth of past pleas for mod_python
> > to address.  I guess I'm not alone in my frustration and disappointment:
> >

> rexec was completely ineffective and was declared dangerous in the 2.2
> timeframe (I think it was yanked in 2.3).

v2.3 of mod_python or Python?

> Your ongoing problems are not
> the fault of mod_python, they are the fault of inexperience in *nix.

:-) you don't know me or my (in)experiences other then my well
documented experiences with mod_python which google seems to reveal is
well shared.

> That's OK, but if you could stop channeling your frustration into hostility
> on this list it would be appreciated.

I have no hostility towards you or mod_python, I would be doing php
right now if I did.  I am however disappointed in what I have seen so
far wrt mod_python.

-Jim P.