[mod_python] Point of frustration/disappointment

Jack Diederich jackdied at jackdied.com
Thu Jul 28 23:08:15 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 09:18:10PM -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> Well, now that it compiles cleanly... guess what...  I've run into the
> (in)famous "cannot unmarshal code objects in restricted execution mode"
> error for which google reveals years worth of past pleas for mod_python
> to address.  I guess I'm not alone in my frustration and disappointment:

rexec was completely ineffective and was declared dangerous in the 2.2
timeframe (I think it was yanked in 2.3).  Your ongoing problems are not
the fault of mod_python, they are the fault of inexperience in *nix.
That's OK, but if you could stop channeling your frustration into hostility
on this list it would be appreciated.

-Jack