[mod_python] mod_python and Django

Jim Gallacher jg.lists at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 27 13:07:26 EDT 2005

I've not used Django before (it was on my list of things to
investigate), but I managed to install it on a Debian system using
mod_python 3.1.4 without a problem.

The one thing that was not clear from the django installation doc is
that you need to run `django-admin.py startproject myproject` to create
the project directory. If you don't run this command then you will get
the import errors you describe. This is detailed in the django tutorial.

Also FYI, mod_python will import modules from a symlinked directory just
fine.

Regards,
Jim