[mod_python] mod_python startup error

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Sat Jul 16 12:06:48 EDT 2005

Graham,

Thanks for the quick replies.
Your suggestion with a complete path indeed didn't change anything.
Where/what is that module 'index' by the way? I can not find it.

Directory structure:
/var/www/html is the server root
/var/www/html/python contains all the python files
accessing the file:
http://localhost/
which should call index.html, which contains a redirect
to /python/main.py/index

Regarding MultiViews: that seems to be enabled (I don't know what it is,
I just leave it to the default installation values). In commonhttpd.conf
I have the following:

<Directory />
  Options -All -Multiviews

<Directory /var/www/html>
    Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews

Wouter.