[mod_python] mod_python startup error

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sat Jul 16 08:27:08 EDT 2005

Presuming that the location '/python' maps to a physical directory
called '/var/www/html/python', try instead using:

   <Directory /var/www/html/python>
   SetHandler python-program
   PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
   </Directory>

When <Location> is used, there is no associated physical directory
and therefore mod_python can't know what directory to add to the
PythonPath (sys.path) for you.

Only problem with this theory as I just realised though is that
mod_python.publisher shouldn't be relying on sys.path to load the
actual modules. It will instead explicitly provide the directory
to apache.import_module(). In other words, it should work okay
how you had it.

What was the URL you were using to access the page? Do you know
if "MultiViews" Apache option is enabled or disabled for that
directory?

Graham