[mod_python] mod_python claims it cannot find a module

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs at ribosome.natur.cuni.cz
Tue Jul 5 07:58:21 EDT 2005

Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> On 05/07/2005, at 4:11 PM, Nicolas Lehuen wrote:
>

>>  What I suspect in Martin's case is that req.finfo returns None
>> because of the global scope of his PythonHandler configuration, or
>> something like that. Therefore, the publisher ends up executing the
>> last branch which splits the requested file name into directory +
>> func_path and adds index.py to the directory. I'll try to reproduce
>> this behaviour and let you know about this.
>

> Except that Martin wasn't using your latest version of the publisher,
> but that in the 3.1.[34] as I understand it, so I don't think you can
> compare it to what you do now.

I have compiled current svn version of mod_python against python-2.3.4
to obey the bugs in python-2.3.5 through 2.4.1. To recap the situation,
I have at the moment NO GLOBAL PythonHandler in httpd.conf, I use
only .htaccess (aka Directory directive):

# .htaccess:
AddHandler mod_python .py
PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
PythonDebug On

Options -Indexes

ERROR:

Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mod_python.publisher"

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 299, in HandlerDispatch
    result = object(req)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mod_python/publisher.py", line 187, in handler
    module = page_cache[req]

  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mod_python/cache.py", line 77, in __getitem__
    return self._checkitem(name)[2]

  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mod_python/cache.py", line 118, in _checkitem
    opened = self.check(key, name, entry)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mod_python/publisher.py", line 67, in check
    return ModuleCache.check(self, key, req, entry)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mod_python/cache.py", line 249, in check
    opened = file(key, self.mode)

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/mmokrejs/public_html/conference/index.py'

Alternatively, when I just switch to testhandler under same setup, I get:

AddHandler mod_python .py
PythonHandler mod_python.testhandler
PythonDebug On

Options -Indexes

No error, but output from testhandler is attached. :( I thought it will tell me something else. ;-)
I think request.notes['ap-mime-exceptions-list'] contains some weird characters, at least while
viewing this HTMLized output. ;)