[mod_python] Where to get latest sources of mod_python?

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs at ribosome.natur.cuni.cz
Mon Jul 4 19:19:45 EDT 2005

Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> On 04/07/2005, at 11:01 PM, Martin MOKREJŠ wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>  I have some weird problem with module imports under mod_python.
>> While reloading the webpage on every second reload I get a module
>> import error.
>>
>>  Similarly, I'm getting python executed in "restricted" mode just after
>> I use (not import) cElementTree module. Fredrik Lundh mentioned some
>> users
>> had such problems when expat library was different to the used by  apache
>> itself. I got everything recompiled but nothing changed. I use Gentoo
>> linux, btw. I have no problems when using elementtree to parse xml
>> files.
>

> Restricted mode problems tend to relate to use of Python 2.3.5, Python  2.4
> or later versions, and a Python code module which is imported making
> use of
> threads. See:
>
>    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
> func=detail&aid=1163563&group_id=5470&atid=105470
>
> Ie., it may be this problem in Python itself. If it is, you would need
> to use
> Python 2.3.4 or earlier version. I don't know if a version of Python  which
> patches this problem has been released yet or not.

I used python 2.3.5 too. The testhandler is giving me this output even for
the "restricted" mode testcase. So it might be it's same primary bug as
with the index.py problems reported today.

General information

Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mod_python.testhandler"

Traceback (most recent call last):

 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 299, in HandlerDispatch
   result = object(req)

 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/testhandler.py", line 120, in handler
   req.write('

\n'%( File "/usr/lib/python2.4/posixpath.py", line 60, in join if b.startswith('/'): AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'
Apache version    Apache
Apache threaded MPM    Yes, maximum 25 threads / process
Apache forked MPM    Yes, maximum 6 processes
Apache server root    /usr/lib/apache2
Apache document root    /var/www/localhost/htdocs
%s    %s (view last 100 lines

.htaccess contained:

AddHandler mod_python .py
# PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
# the testhandler gives interresting debug info when something goes wrong
PythonHandler mod_python.testhandler
# make sure processes started under same apache VirtualHost do not have a collision
PythonInterpPerDirectory On
PythonDebug On

Martin