[mod_python] Where to get latest sources of mod_python?

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Mon Jul 4 18:06:29 EDT 2005

On 04/07/2005, at 11:01 PM, Martin MOKREJŠ wrote:

> Hi,
>  I have some weird problem with module imports under mod_python.
> While reloading the webpage on every second reload I get a module
> import error.
>
>  Similarly, I'm getting python executed in "restricted" mode just after
> I use (not import) cElementTree module. Fredrik Lundh mentioned some
> users
> had such problems when expat library was different to the used by
> apache
> itself. I got everything recompiled but nothing changed. I use Gentoo
> linux, btw. I have no problems when using elementtree to parse xml
> files.

Restricted mode problems tend to relate to use of Python 2.3.5, Python
2.4
or later versions, and a Python code module which is imported making
use of
threads. See:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1163563&group_id=5470&atid=105470

Ie., it may be this problem in Python itself. If it is, you would need
to use
Python 2.3.4 or earlier version. I don't know if a version of Python
which
patches this problem has been released yet or not.