[mod_python] Apache 2.0.52, Python 2.4 and mod_python 3.1.3, core dump while starting under FreeBSD

Russell Hay rhay at real.com
Fri Jan 7 20:07:15 EST 2005

Justin Ryan wrote:

> Remember what signal 11 means:
>
>   (a) hardware
>
>   (b) linker
>
> check / replace / rebuild / test
>
> can you boot this drive in another machine?
>
> did this recently start happening?
>
> is this a new configuration?
>
> did you build mod_python yourself?  have you tried building out of ports?
>
> Cheers!
>
> -=JR

Justin,

I can't really take the drive out of the machine, as this is providing a
number of services to my network, so trying it from another machine
might be impossible.  This is a brand new configuration for mod_python
running on a server that's been running apache (without incedent) for a
few years now (obviously apache has been upgraded through the years has
as the OS).  All of the software is out of the ports collection, mostly
using the default options for each piece.  I'll try to rebuild
everything from scratch and see how that goes.