[mod_python] mod_python and importing cheetah templates

Ognen Duzlevski oduzlevski at intechjanus.com
Thu Dec 15 10:45:29 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have a directory structure as such:

dir1
      templates

In dir1/templates I store cheetah templates which are compiled with
cheetah-compile into python files.

dir1/main.py is a file that looks at a req.filename and decides to
load a python module.

So when a request comes for dir1/templates/something.py - it is
imported and its respond() method is called.

So far so good. However, if something.py is trying to use Cheetah's
#import <module>, its search path appears to be dir1/ and not dir1/
templates where something.py lives. I can see why this might be but
how do I go about fixing it?

Thanks,
Ognen