[mod_python] multiple html pages?

Mike Looijmans nlv11281 at natlab.research.philips.com
Wed Dec 14 08:21:21 EST 2005

You can also use a simple TABLE on your page, which has roughly the same
effect. This is what 99% of web pages use nowadays. The trouble with
frames is that it is hard to make a link have effect in more than one
frame (e.g. adapt the location in a navigation tree), and for users it
is impossible to bookmark a frame set, since that will invariably take
them to the 'start' page.

With frames, you'd have to put the code into separate PSP files, so
you'd need at least 4 pages if you have 3 frames (one for the top page
and three for the frames themselves).

Your solution with global variables may work on some systems
(threading), but having each frame do its own work is much more
scalable, even if that duplicates a lot. There is also the question of
garbage: When will you discard the generated pages?

Mike Looijmans
Philips Natlab / Topic Automation