[mod_python] My template script isn't working

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Mon Aug 29 06:20:50 EDT 2005

On 29/08/2005, at 8:10 PM, Anton wrote:

> But cache problems still persist. For example, I change something in
> file, reload page - see no changes. Reload, reload... Nothing!
> Sometimes I see old code in errors.
>
> Then I do /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
> reload page in firefox (or konqueror), and see changes.
>
> What would you suggest to do? Upgrade to latest mod_python?

There are known issues with module reloading in current versions of
mod_python.
For some background information, read:

   http://www.dscpl.com.au/articles/modpython-002.html
   http://www.dscpl.com.au/articles/modpython-003.html

If you are using mod_python.publisher, some issues are avoided by
using beta
version 3.2 of mod_python, but most of the issues aren't going to be
resolved until
version 3.3 of mod_python.

If you can describe how your files are arranged, may be able to
better explain
which particular problem you are having.