[mod_python] process privileges

Khormaee, Cy cy.khormaee at hp.com
Fri Aug 26 12:31:48 EDT 2005

Hey all,

I'm currently trying to run pdflatex on a machine with RedHat Linux Corporate 3.0 by calling the os.system() command from mod python.  I am able to complete this operation from the command line python interpreter, but ill I get back when trying to run the command from apache/mod python all I receive is '256' and no changes are made to the file system.  All of the folders involved are set for full access(unix privilege 777).  My current guess is that this issue has something to do with apache's priority, but haven't been able to confirm this suspicion yet.  If you can provide any hints on how to debug this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Cy