[mod_python] large file upload using mod_python

Jeremy Jones zanesdad at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 23 14:20:23 EDT 2005

I am writing a little piece of code that will handle potentially large
files, both for upload and download.  I tried the publisher handler, but
it looks like the publisher handler reads in the whole request and then
acts on it.  Since the file uploads (and downloads) may be really huge,
I thought it would be best to get all the HTTP headers and then deal
with the body of the POST.  Has anyone already done anything like this?
It looks like I could create my own handler using a Connection object,
but if someone's already done the work and released the code, no sense
in reinventing fire.

Thanks,

Jeremy Jones