[mod_python] [SPAM] mod_python and protected realms

Tony Burger tony at dorintony.com
Wed Aug 10 17:50:36 EDT 2005

Got an odd thing happening and I can't figure out whats going on.  I'm
running mod_python 3.1.4 on Apache 2. I've got the following setup in my
httpd.conf:

AddHandler python-program .py
PythonHandler mod_python.publisher

<Directory "/home/somepath/protected">
     AuthName "some realm"
     AuthType Digest
     AuthDigestFile /path to realm file
     AuthDigestDomain /
     Require user someuser
     Order allow,deny
     allow from all
</Directory>

When I request a file from the protected realm it forces me to login
which works as it should. Once I'm logged in to the realm, I try and run
a python script but I keep getting "400 Bad Request" responses as if it
can't find the script.  The python script directory exists in a
subdirectory under the realm such as "/home/somepath/protected/scripts".
  Now here's the wierd part.  As soon as I comment out the realm related
info, the python script works fine.  Has anyone seen this before and/or
could anyone provide some insight?  Thanks!