[mod_python] Attempting to use mod_python on a site which uses digest autentication

Stephen Vermeulen stephen at vermeulen.ca
Thu Apr 21 10:01:34 EDT 2005

Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> On 21/04/2005, at 2:11 PM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>

>> On 21/04/2005, at 1:39 PM, Stephen Vermeulen wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to use the publisher handler. I have a basic test using
>>> mod_python working, but when I add
>>> digest authentication to the directories on the web server it stops
>>> working. I am not trying to handle the
>>> authentication with mod_python, rather I'm letting apache do its thing.
>>

>> Probably could be regarded as a bug in mod_python.publisher. I
>> will log a bug report if I truly determine that it is.
>

> Logged as:
>
>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-47

Thanks, at least now I know about the limitation.  While searching
around for
more help on this I eventually came across this:

http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2004-April/015452.html

artical from 2004 which references this:

http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2002-September/013071.html

artical which looks like it might contain a fix for this that was
submitted in 2002?

> Graham

Stephen