[mod_python] Attempting to use mod_python on a site which uses digest autentication

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Thu Apr 21 00:51:56 EDT 2005

On 21/04/2005, at 2:11 PM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> On 21/04/2005, at 1:39 PM, Stephen Vermeulen wrote:
>
>> I am trying to use the publisher handler. I have a basic test using
>> mod_python working, but when I add
>> digest authentication to the directories on the web server it stops
>> working. I am not trying to handle the
>> authentication with mod_python, rather I'm letting apache do its
>> thing.
>
> Probably could be regarded as a bug in mod_python.publisher. I
> will log a bug report if I truly determine that it is.

Logged as:

   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-47

> If in Vampire you use vampire.Publisher() within the context of a basic
> content handler, in Vampire 1.6 you can disable the default login
> handler
> to avoid the problem. Wasn't intending to allow disabling of the login
> handler in vampire::publisher because mod_python.publisher didn't, but
> will have to cater for this issue somehow now I guess. One option may
> be to only try and do something with the "Authorization" header if it
> is
> found necessary that it is actually needed. Ie,. that there are
> __auth__
> definitions actually present that need to be checked.
>
> Anyway, if you understand any of that ramble and you want to come to
> the dark side that is vampire::publisher, sure I can provide a quick
> fix which solves the problem for that. :-)

Have fixed this problem for vampire::publisher, the mod_python.publisher
equivalent in Vampire. If you don't know about Vampire check out:

   http://www.dscpl.com.au/projects/vampire

You would need to check out working version of Vampire from the
subversion
repository to get this fix though if you want to try it out.