[mod_python] mod_python to MySQL

Dave Britton dave at davebritton.com
Fri Apr 15 15:40:09 EDT 2005

What's the best way to connect mod_python to a MySQL database? I can't seem to get MySQL_db to install - it says:
=======
gcc -pthread -shared build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/_mysql.o -lmysqlclient -lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lm] -lmysqlclient_r -o build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/_mysql.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
======
and I wondered if there is another connector that is better suited for mod_python. Or, does anyone have any ideas about why I get the gcc library linking error if MySQL_db is the connector of choice.

Dave Britton