[mod_python] mod_python bake-off?

Nick nick at dd.revealed.net
Thu Sep 2 17:28:11 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 15:28, Jorey Bump wrote:
> Robert Sanderson wrote:
>
> > What's the point of an HTML authoring competition that happens to use
> > Python to generate the pages?
>
> It seems appropriate to judge a webapp framework partly on the quality
> of the HTML it produces and the tools it provides to accomplish this.

Maybe, but why should the app developer have to come up with the
presentation?  The toolkit may be excellent, but the graphic design/UI
skills of the developer sub par.

I think that all we're suggesting here is that mockups be provided, and
that the finished product reflect the mock up.  If you want the
framework to generate all the HTML to showcase some feature, more power
to you.  Not all frameworks are designed for that purpose, and a LOT of
developers prefer the MVC model.  Otherwise there wouldn't be JSP in an
otherwise fine Servlet/J2EE world.

Nick