[mod_python] ANN: Vampire 1.2 is now available.

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Thu Oct 21 23:56:32 EDT 2004

On 22/10/2004, at 1:24 PM, Johannes Erdfelt wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 22, 2004, Graham Dumpleton <grahamd at dscpl.com.au> wrote:
>> This latest version of Vampire also includes an example for showing
>> how form values will get decoded. I just wish someone would answer
>> my question about file uploads and whether what currently happens
>> for them in mod_python.publisher is reasonable. Doesn't anyone use
>> file uploads with mod_python.publisher? See the result for input
>> form 2 in the example as to what currently happens. Ie., one gets
>> a Field object for a file upload.
>
> I just ported over that piece of my code. Under mod_python 3.1.3,
> vampire will cause a traceback with the current code.
>
> The fix is to do the same thing the new publisher does which is not use
> a seperate File class.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused now, but then my original description may have
been the problem as to what I meant by current.

In Vampire 1.2, I essentially do what mod_python.publisher 3.1.3 does.
Or at least that is the intent, the actual code to produce the result
is done a bit differently.

Thus, in Vampire 1.1, I wrapped a file upload form value into a File
object as did mod_python.publisher 2.X. In Vampire 1.2 I leave the field
value for the file upload as is and thus it comes back as a Field object
as setup by util.FieldStorage.

If you had a form using file upload and were previously using Vampire
1.1,
and moved to Vampire 1.2 you would most likely need to change your code
to bring it in line with Vampire 1.2/mod_python.publisher 3.1.3 way of
doing it.

Now, does your saying that you get an exception mean that whatever I did
in Vampire 1.2 isn't actually correct and isn't the same as what the
mod_python.publisher package does? Or are you simply finding that if it
was made to work with Vampire 1.1 previously that a change is possibly
required when moving to Vampire 1.2?

Maybe I should do some tests with mod_python.publisher to see that it is
actually producing what I thought it was by code inspection. I might
well
have just goofed up. :-)

--
Graham Dumpleton (grahamd at dscpl.com.au)