[mod_python] Processing Apache Logs

Orr, Steve sorr at rightnow.com
Tue Oct 5 13:08:28 EDT 2004

The ONLamp "Introducing mod_python" article mentions the possibility of
doing custom Apache logging with mod_python and inserting log data
directly to a database. Are there any examples of this or has anyone on
this list done such a thing? Any guidance or suggestions?

I'm looking at building a data warehouse from the Apache log output. The
web apps on the load balanced web servers to be monitored do not use any
Python code. Are there 3rd party (non-Pythonic perhaps) log parser apps
I should look at instead of cutting my own mod_python code?

AtDhVaAnNkCsE,
D. B. Dweeb