[mod_python] Is there a mod_python way into this

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Nov 3 05:17:30 EST 2004

On 03/11/2004, at 9:06 PM, francois lepoutre wrote:

> Hi all modpython users,
>
> I have built and delivered a very useful mod_python
> script in the past in the form a highly dynamic servlet,
> delivering http strings "on the fly"
>
> This mod_python thing has been running nicely for a
>  couple of years  with practically no admin. My renewed
> thanks to Grisha for this marvellous piece of software.
>
> I feel comfortable with the standard mod_python handler.
> Now we have a new set of issues. And i really do
>  not know if mod_python could be "the way to go".
>
> Basically my client is looking for a way to deliver
> static web content within the framework of
>  mod_python.

You might perhaps look at Vampire. Vampire makes it easy to mix static
files as well as dynamically generated data within the same directory
hierarchy.

For example, you might have a static index.html file but
in the same directory a dynamically generated file referenced using
the URL clients.html and which is generated entirely by code in a
content handler defined in the clients.py file. Alternatively, the
clients.html file could still exist, but be processed by code in the
clients.py file to fill in additional data.

Thus, you can have static files, files which are completely generated
by code, or static files which are processed by code on the fly to
generate a result.

You can find out more about Vampire at:

   http://www.dscpl.com.au/projects/vampire

--