[mod_python] Serious mod_python bug, PSP and publisher

Eddie Diener eddielee at tropicsoft.com
Mon May 10 21:23:15 EST 2004

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:
> I'm not sure I see any "serious bug" here just yet, but it would
> certainly help to know what your Apache configuration is, as well as
> versions of Python, mod_python, Apache and the OS. :-)

As far as serious bug is concerned, does it look from the code below that
"from mod_python import psp" should fail for any reason that you can see ? I
don't say that it has to be a mod_python bug, but just that the failure
should not occur given the files I presented unless there is some limitation
or other I don't understand.

The Apache version is 2.0.48. The mod_python version is 3.1.3.0. The OS is
WinXP. The version of Python is 2.3 . The .htaccess file in the rx directory
has what is recommended in your FAQ for multiple handlers in the same
directory.

AddHandler mod_python .py .psp
PythonHandler mod_python.publisher | .py
PythonHandler mod_python.psp | .psp
PythonDebug On

Were you able to duplicate this situation and the bug ? I am at home now and
this occurred at work during the day where I am using mod_python to program
web applications for a company. It's been a good tool, but this was a
showstopper since I have a PSP page with a rxreport.py file as the form
handler. I did not show the entire page as this minimum example was enough
to create the bug, but the actual PSP page has PSP code like <%=
rxreport.ErrorMessage() %> on it, which is why I needed to do:

<%
import rxreport
%>

at the top of my PSP page.