[mod_python] Trouble Installing on Win2k

Miles Clark mmc at tolosatech.com
Thu Mar 18 15:22:39 EST 2004

Hi -

After searching the list & other relevant websites & following those
instructions to no avail, I thought I'd plead to the list for help...

I'm attempting to install mod_python under Apache on Windows 2000 pro,
and it refuses to load.  I'm using the following versions:

Apache 2.0.48
Python 2.2.3
mod_python 3.0.4

After adding the LoadModule line to httpd.conf, apache refuses to
start.  There's no information in the apache error.log, but two errors
appers int he Windows 2000 Application log:

---
The Apache service named  reported the following error:
 >>> Syntax error on line 176 of D:/tools/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:     .
---
The Apache service named  reported the following error:
 >>> Cannot load D:/tools/Apache2/modules/mod_python.so into server: The
specified module could not be found.     .
---

I've verified that mod_python.so does indeed exist in
D:\tools\Apache2\modules.  I've also checked the syntax many times, and
it sure looks fine to me:

#LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

Any helpful suggestions would be very much appreciated...

thanks,

Miles