[mod_python] compiling

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Wed Mar 3 23:24:12 EST 2004

Another problem that I ran into with the install process. I decided to
move to keeping Apache and all webserving related programs to being
contained within my webserver users files. Just to make it easier to
make sure no extra files were interfering with the process. As a DSO the
install process was having the same problem as before. I tried switching
to a static compile and during install I got his error:

Performing static instalation.
/usr/bin/install -c -o webserve -g webserve -d
/home/webserver/Apachetoolbox-1.5.69/apache_1.3.29/src/modules/python
/usr/bin/install: invalid user `webserve'
make[1]: *** [install_static] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/webserver/Apachetoolbox-1.5.69/src/mod_python-2.7.8'
make: *** [install] Error 2

It looks to me as if the install script is cutting the last letter off
my username.